About Frances Litman
Frances Litman is an active community connector who is passionate about ensuring where we live remains economically resilient, healthy, democratic and beautiful.
As a successful small business owner and organizer of one of Canada’s largest Earth Week events, Frances understands the challenges of managing people and budgets, the importance of engaging all sectors of her community and maintaining high standards of integrity.
Frances is a visionary and natural leader who creates positive change. She has volunteered more than 6000 hours since single handedly launching the Creatively United for the Planet Society, a registered not-for-profit focusing on community connection and creative environmental education that has seen participation by more than 10,000 people since its inception in 2012; initiated a values-based green business network; helped motivate Rockheights Middle School students to become champions of their local environment, plus has published two books and a variety of resource material.
A life-long Esquimalt/Vancouver Island resident and internationally recognized award-winning Master photographer (MPA), Frances also worked in the Times-Colonist newsroom and brings years of experience and awareness with her making her a strong voice for Esquimalt-Saanich-Sooke in Ottawa on issues that affect us all.
As your Green MP, Frances Litman will:
- Create well-paid, sustainable, local jobs
- Support clean, renewable energy
- Provide incentives for small business to grow
- Stimulate youth training, education and employment
- Invest in transportation, housing and health care
- Support our veterans
- Say no to additional tankers & new pipelines
- Take real action on climate change
- Restore democracy, integrity and good governance